iPod, check....tennis shoes, check....

on Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Okay, props to me! Seriously....

Melanie and I had a good laugh on Sunday night, replaying memories from high school. The one that brought on the chuckles? Two words.... Lora and Running.

Did you laugh? Because I sure did. Come on....you can laugh, it's okay.

Running has never been my forte, ask anyone who had a PE class or played any sports with me. I'm like David and Goliath, fighting myself internally the entire way. Put me in a pool and I swim like a fish, but running....whole 'nutha story! Oh, have no fear though...I've done my fair share of running. Every day in high school volleyball, every day for college ball, too. I've stepped off many a mile. So why do I still loathe the very idea of running?

Simple....After all that time, I was unable to "get better" at it. I still fight it, 20 years later. It's a struggle for me every step of the way.

At this point, you may be asking why you should be giving me props. (Don't worry, I'm not really expecting anything....) Tonight, through the torrential rain and crazy winds, I actually went running, a whole 40 minutes. On my own accord. Not required.

huh?

Yep :) That makes two days of exercise out of the past three. Not too shabby for the first full week of the year. Keeping it up is a challenge I plan on winning! Through the laughs with a long time friend, I've found new motivation.

Mel....I may be up for a run with you....just give me a few weeks!

1 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

hehehe... Let me know buddy!! i will do 5 miles and come pick you up :) Love ya!! Mel

Post a Comment