Can you say RAIN?

on Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I was all excited to have a quiet, relaxing evening when I got home from work today. I figured Shaun and I might watch a movie, I'd make dinner, and we'd fall asleep too early on the couch. BLISSFULL!

Snap back to reality. Have you looked outside today? My fingers are turning pruny just by looking outside! This rain is out of control!

So what happened to my relaxing evening? No watching a movie.....watching Shaun and his buddy Steve trying to pump three inches of water out of Steve's basement. Dinner? It came in a paper sack, hand delivered by Steve's wife Annie. Falling asleep too early on the couch? Umm...did you pay attention to the time this was posted? :) We walked in the door around 10pm, only to find OUR ceiling leaking. So now, we're off to make sure the roof doesn't fall in over night. *SIGH*

Oh the joys of a Washington winter. I truly wouldn't change it for the world. But for now, I am going to sleep restlessly, worrying about Steve's basement, worrying about my bedroom ceiling caving in.....

Wish us luck!

1 comments:

Alisha said...

I hope that everything works out for you and your friend. My mom called to tell me that it was raining and flooding like crazy.

Post a Comment